What is Reiki?
Reiki (pronounced Ray-Key) was founded by Mikao Usui in 1922. It is an ancient Japanese healing method that utilizes a positive healing energy to promote physical, emotional, and spiritual health and well-being. Reiki is used as an alternative therapy for the treatment of physical, emotional and mental diseases.
Reiki comes from the Japanese word ‘Rei’ which means “Universal Life” and ‘Ki’ which means “Energy”.
Reiki can benefit anyone and although it is spiritual in nature, it is not dependent on religious beliefs nor do you need to have beliefs of any kind in order to benefit from a session, all you need is to be open to receiving the energy. Reiki is not only beneficial for people but it also is effective for animals, plants, and even for clearing spaces such as your home.
How is Reiki conducted?
- The Reiki Energy Healing session is conducted by a Certified Reiki Practitioner
- Clients remain fully clothed (comfortable clothing recommended), and lay on a massage table
- The Reiki Practitioner places their hands above or gently on (with permission) the client’s body using a series of hand placements
- Each hand placement is held for 2 to 5 minutes, or longer if necessary
- Energy flows from the practitioner’s hands to where it is needed in the client’s body
- The client may experience coolness, heat, slight tingling, and/or ‘see’ colours in their mind’s eye (Third Chakra) during the treatment
What are the benefits of a Reiki session?
- Creates deep relaxation and helps the body release stress, anxiety, and tension
- Can help with chronic problems (ex. headaches, insomnia etc)
- Can help reduce pain
- Promotes feelings of peace, calm, harmony & positivity
- Accelerates recovery from illnesses and/or injuries
- Provides greater clarity, self-awareness, clears the mind, improves focus
- Beneficial when dealing with ‘end-of-life’
**Can be used in conjunction with other healing modalities**
How often should I have a Reiki session?
This varies from person to person. You can enjoy a session on a regular basis such as weekly or monthly visits, or every once in awhile for an extra boost (ex. feeling low energy, for relaxation to decrease stress levels). How often someone schedules a Reiki session is completely up to them, however it is beneficial to have sessions more frequently if you experience ongoing problems such as pain, headaches, insomnia, or various illnesses. You can discuss your needs with the practitioner.
Reiki is just as effective via distance, with or without video-conferencing, as it is in person. How cool is that? You can stay in the comfort of your own home (while wearing your pj’s), and receive a treatment.
For more information on Reiki or to book a session please click here.
Reiki is a natural method of energy balancing but it is not meant as a substitute for medical or psychological diagnosis and treatment. Practitioners do not diagnose conditions, nor do they perform medical treatment, prescribe medications, or interfere with the treatment of a licensed medical professional. Reiki or any other natural healing therapy should not compete with medical professionals and their treatments. All alternative therapies are meant to complement medical treatments.